Monday, October 18, 2010

About PS3 payloads

I don't understand that payload war.
I use either PL3 and Hermes v4 (to develop Gaia Manager).

I think Hermes is more feature complete than PL3 (sorry kakaroto) since it supports syscall8 and discless (using a virtual bluray disc), but PL3 code is more commented and written better (and it compiles without the need of Sony© PS3 toolchain).

My dream is too have a C-based payload and I could do it, but I need some donations since coding a payload will need lots of time (also maintaining Gaia Manager needs time).

Why do I want a C-based payload?
Because C is easier to read and there is many people who know it and who can contribute!

How do I want to do it?
Initially using function pointers and, maybe, later using a proper linker script.

I will work on it this evening or tomorrow evening.

If you want to participate with that project or if you want to donate me some hardware (like a fat, otheros compatible, PS3 with firmware <= 3.15 or a big hard disk) email me

If you want to donate some money you can use my paypal



No comments:

Post a Comment